FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
For Further Information Contact: Nancy Fields
Phone:573-268-3483 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Snowbirds and US Golden Knights Parachute Team to Headline the 2014 26TH Annual Memorial Day Weekend Salute to Veterans Celebration
“26 YEARS OF HONORING AND REMEMBERING” and
“100THANNIVERSARY OF WWI”
Columbia, MO: The Memorial Day Weekend Salute to Veterans Corporation invites the public to come celebrate at their Annual Two-Day Airshow over the Memorial Day Weekend at Columbia Regional Airport on May 24-25, 2014 from 9:30am to 3:30pm. Admission and Parking are FREE!
Demonstration Teams, Aircraft and Events Confirmed for 2014 Include:
· Canadian Forces National Demonstration Team: THE SNOWBIRDS
· The United States Army Golden Knights Parachute Team
· Trojan Phlyers Aerobatic Demonstration Team in USAF/USMC T-28 Aircraft
· WWII BT-13 Vultee Valiant “Vibrator” Aerobatic Demonstration
· WWII T-6 Texan “Radial Velocity” Reno Racer Demonstration and on static
· WWII TBM Avenger Demonstration and on static display
· WWII RARE USN Bomber/Fighter PV-2 Harpoon Demo and open for tours
· Vietnam Era USN Grumman C-1A Trader open for tours
· WWI Kansas City Dawn Patrol with 18 planes flying and on display
· WWI UNIQUE JN-4 Curtiss Jenny with her 1,000 X 50 foot grass runway!
· Military Recruiter Elements and additional military aircraft on static display
· MU Pershing Rifles Drill Team USA K-9 Corps Demonstration Team
· Tuskegee Airmen/ Women Air Force Service Pilots (WASP) Annual Reunions
· Annual Honored Guests and Volunteers Banquet in Southwell Arena at Columbia College. Check website for price, start time and to purchase tickets.
· 26th Annual FREE Salute To Veterans Parade on Memorial Day, May 26, 2014, at 10AM in downtown Columbia. Jump started by the USA Golden Knights
· For additional information, visit our website at www.salute.org
Please Note: The Celebration should not be referred to as “the Columbia Airshow”, “Columbia’s Memorial Day Airshow”, this “Columbia Event”, “Columbia’s Memorial Day Weekend”, etc., or any other designation that would imply that it is hosted, organized, or anyway produced or sponsored by The City Of Columbia, its Convention & Visitors Bureau, the Columbia Chamber of Commerce, or the State Of Missouri. It is presented solely by the Memorial Day Weekend Salute To Veterans Corporation, a private, 501c3, not-for-profit, tax-deductible, educational, Missouri Company. The Corporation consists of over 3,000 volunteers and 100 volunteer committee chairmen, none of whom is paid.