Professional Pilot Degree Progam
Dreaming of a future in Aviation?
To achieve a successful career as a pilot, it is essential to obtain a bachelor’s degree, possess pilot ratings and build flight time and we can help. Air Associates of Kansas has partnered with Kansas State University Salina and Johnson County Community College to provide you the bachelor’s degree and training you need to reach your aviation goals. This degree has been approved by the Federal Aviation Administration for a reduction (from 1500 to 1000 hours) in the flight time required for your ATP certificate thus expediting the launch of your aviation career.
Why Should You Consider the Professional Pilot Degree Program?Obtaining your professional pilot degree through this unique partnership allows you to:
- Reduce by 1/3 the number of hours required for your ATP certificate.
- Obtain your bachelor’s degree without leaving the Kansas City Metropolitan area.
- Train in a Part 141 environment, reducing the amount of training needed.
- Receive the highest level of top-quality flight training.
- We’re a Cessna Pilot Center, specially selected by Cessna.
- Flight training in top-of-the-line Cessna Aircraft, including the Cessna 172 Skyhawk, the world’s most popular flight training aircraft
- Interactive, computer based instruction and testing
- Clean, quiet study areas and classrooms
- Redbird full-motion simulators
- Take advantage of job opportunities at Air Associates – earn money while you’re earning your degree
- Flight instruction (once you’ve earned your CFI)
- Crew member for Part 91 and Part 135 missions flown by Air Associates
About the Degree
The degree offering consists of courses taken from Kansas State University Salina, Johnson County Community College and Air Associates. This program partnership allows a student to remain in the Kansas City metropolitan area while completing a K-State Salina Bachelor of Aeronautical Technology – a professional pilot degree. Flight training is offered through Air Associates, core degree courses are delivered online by K-State Salina. General education credits are given by Johnson County Community College either online or in person.
Due to the unique nature of this degree, students need to receive college credit for MATH 100: College Algebra and obtain their private pilot rating prior to starting this program. Students graduating in 2015 or later, must complete the pre-college curriculum with at least a 2.0 GPA (2.5 for non-Kansas residents) AND achieve one of the following to be considered for qualified admissions:
- Minimum 21 composite ACT score
- Minimum 980 SAT I, CR+M
- Rank in the top third of your graduating class
- If applicable, achieve a 2.0 GPA or higher on all college credit taken in high school
Students who do not meet these criteria may still apply. Early application is recommended for full consideration and additional information may be required.
To learn more:Air Associates of Kansas LeeAnn Russell Customer Service Manager 12901 West 151st Street, Suite B Olathe KS 66062 913.764.4800 firstname.lastname@example.org Kansas State University Salina Professional Education and Outreach 2310 Centennial Road 105 Student Activities Center Salina KS 67401 855.552.0079 785.826.2633 email@example.com www.salina.k-state.edu/online/ppilkc Johnson County Community College Dr. Terry Murphy-Latta Director of National Academy of Railroad Services 12345 College Boulevard, ITC #112 Overland Park KS 66210-1299 913.469.3857 firstname.lastname@example.org