27TH ANNUAL MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND SALUTE TO VETERANS AIRSHOW
WE HONOR AND SUPPORT OUR MILITARY
NO MATTER WHERE! NO MATTER WHEN!
Columbia, MO: Salute to Veterans Corporation invites the public to their FREE Two-Day Airshow over the Memorial Day Weekend at Columbia Regional Airport on May 23-24, 2015 from 9:00am to 3:30pm. Admission and Parking is FREE!
DEMO TEAMS, AIRCRAFT AND EVENTS CONFIRMED FOR 2015:
· CANADIAN FORCES NATIONAL DEMONSTRATION TEAM: THE SNOWBIRDS
· THE UNITED STATES ARMY GOLDEN KNIGHTS PARACHUTE TEAM
· USAF T-33 JET FIGHTER PLANE: ‘SHOOTING STAR’ AEROBATIC DEMO W/SMOKE
· TROJAN PHLYERS T-28 AEROBATIC DEMONSTRATION TEAM
· WWII BT-13 VULTEE VALIANT AEROBATIC DEMO
· WWI KANSAS CITY DAWN PATROL WITH 18 PLANES FLYING AND ON DISPLAY
· WWI UNIQUE JN-4 CURTISS JENNY WITH HER OWN 1,000 X 50 FOOT GRASS RUNWAY!
· MU PERSHING RIFLES DRILL TEAM, USA K-9 CORPS TEAM
· SALUTE TO THE NATION CEREMONY WITH MILITARY HONORED GUESTS
STATIC DISPLAYS OPEN FOR TOURS
· USAF C-17 GLOBEMASTER II, WRIGHT-PATTERSON AFB
· USN PV2-HARPOON, USN C-1A TRADER, WWII B-25 MITCHELL BOMBER
· USAF A-10 THUNDERBOLT II, WHITEMAN AFB
· P-51 MUSTANG “KANSAS CITY KITTY” WWII USN TBM AVENGER
· WWII SUPERMARINE SEAFIRE Mk. XV T-6 “RADIAL VELOCITY”
· PT-17 1942 STEARMAN, SIAI MARCHETTI, 1945 USA PIPER L-4
· 1943 USA AERONCA L-3 GRASSHOPPER “Lil’ Show Me”
MILITARY RECRUITER ELEMENTS AND ADDITIONAL MILITARY ASSETS
USAF COMMAND CENTER ALPHA + USAF THUNDERBIRD
USA ADVENTURE VAN AND SEMI-TRAILER
· Tuskegee Airmen/ Women AirForce Service Pilots (WASP) Annual Reunions
· Annual Honored Guests and Volunteers Banquet in Southwell Arena at Columbia College.
· Saturday, May 23rd at 5:30PM Check website for price, start time and to purchase tickets
· 27th Annual FREE Salute To Veterans Parade on Memorial Day, May 25, 2015, at 10AM in downtown Columbia. Jump started by the USA Golden Knights
· For additional information, visit our website at www.salute.org.
Please Note: The Celebration should not be referred to as “the Columbia Airshow”, “Columbia’s Memorial Day Airshow”, this “Columbia Event”, “Columbia’s Memorial Day Weekend”, etc., or any other designation that would imply that it is hosted, organized, or anyway produced or sponsored by The City of Columbia, its Convention & Visitors Bureau, the Columbia Chamber of Commerce, or the State Of Missouri. It is presented solely by the Memorial Day Weekend Salute To Veterans Corporation, a private, 501c3, not-for-profit, tax-deductible, educational, Missouri Company. The Corporation consists of over 3,000 volunteers and 100 volunteer committee chairmen, none of whom is paid.Here is a sneak peak of what you will see: