Greetings from The Aero Experience Team

Greetings!



The Aero Experience is a celebration of Midwest aviation and aerospace achievement. We invite you to join us as we explore the treasures of Midwest aviation through first-hand experiences. Our contributors take turns flying lead, and we are always looking for new destinations. Check in with The Aero Experience frequently to see where we will land today, and then go out and have your own aero experiences!

Blue skies,

Carmelo Turdo, Mark Nankivil and Fred Harl - The Aero Experience Team












Thursday, October 8, 2015

2015 Memphis Airshow Friday, Showday, Part 1 - Preshow Ramp Walk

By Leo Cachat
Friday morning I arrived at the airport as the sun was rising to get some some unique images of the great show aircraft that came in Thursday. Upon arriving, I was surprised as I was the only media member there, and I was able to get out and walk the ramp for an hour and a half before anyone else arrived. I decided to start with the Thunderbirds and get some shots as they basked in the early morning light.










I then went into the hangar to see what shots I could get in there, and I was not disappointed!
 
















Outside the hangar, I found Andy Anderson's BAC-167 Strikemaster, Jerry Conley's L-29 Delphin and Thunderbirds 7 & 8.


























I then walked across the ramp to show center where the two Navy F/A-18F Super Hornets sat at show center just across from the Shockwave jet truck.






This completes the early morning ramp walk.  In Part 2 we'll look at the aircraft later that morning on the ramp, a Thunderbirds media flight and all the aerial action of the first Friday edition of the 2015 Memphis Airshow.

No comments: