Thursday, October 8, 2015

2015 Memphis Airshow Friday, Showday, Part 1 - Preshow Ramp Walk

By Leo Cachat
Friday morning I arrived at the airport as the sun was rising to get some some unique images of the great show aircraft that came in Thursday. Upon arriving, I was surprised as I was the only media member there, and I was able to get out and walk the ramp for an hour and a half before anyone else arrived. I decided to start with the Thunderbirds and get some shots as they basked in the early morning light.










I then went into the hangar to see what shots I could get in there, and I was not disappointed!
 
















Outside the hangar, I found Andy Anderson's BAC-167 Strikemaster, Jerry Conley's L-29 Delphin and Thunderbirds 7 & 8.


























I then walked across the ramp to show center where the two Navy F/A-18F Super Hornets sat at show center just across from the Shockwave jet truck.






This completes the early morning ramp walk.  In Part 2 we'll look at the aircraft later that morning on the ramp, a Thunderbirds media flight and all the aerial action of the first Friday edition of the 2015 Memphis Airshow.

No comments: